This is an easy and a tasty sweet that can be tried by anybody ! Seriously !
It is a burfi with a combination of maida and the chiroti rava (the thin sujee) with pure ghee and dry fruits of one’s choice. I borrowed this recipe from one of my friends from college days. I thought of not forgetting and put it here as a diwali sweet so that it can be anyday prepared in future whenever needed. Here it goes.
What you need to have:
1. Chiroti sujee – 2/3 cup
2. Maida – 1/2 cup
3. Sugar – Little more than 1/2 cup
4. Pure ghee – 1/2 cup
5. Cashews – 10-15
6. Almonds – 15-20
Ingredients of Maida Sujee Burfi
What you do with what you have:
1. Grate both cashews and almonds and keep it aside.
2. Place a wide bottomed bowl on medium flame and add sujee and ghee. Roast it and when half fried, add maida and fry for around 15-20 minutes till you get a pleasant aroma.
3. At this add the remaining ghee, grated almonds and cashews from step 1 to it. Allow the mixture ( shown below) to cool.
Fried Maida and sujee
3. Dry roast gugar on a low flame for around 10 minutes till it turns transparent and is as shown in the image below. Add pealed cardamom to it.
Dry roasted sugar granules
4. On cooling, powder sugar granules and mix it to the fried maida and sujee mix from step 1. Mix it well and set it in a plate as shown in the image below. Cut it into required size pieces on setting after about one hour.
Burfi being cut into pieces
Decorate it with dry fruits of your choice and you are all set !
Decorated Maida Sujee Burfi
How long it takes: 90 minutes
Number of Burfi: 25-30