Ghee rice is now a days a must in the menu for almost all weddings. It is normally served in the begining with Vegetable Kurma/Salad as the side dish. This particular dish gives a face-lift to any existing menu. It is loved by almost everyone since it is a mild dish and not spicy as well. Very easy to prepare and also tastyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!
See other rice items here.
What you need to have:
1. Basumathi rice (Long) 1 cup
Basumathi Rice (Long)
Ingredients of Seasoning:
1. Tej Patha(Masala leaf) 1
2. Pepper corns 5-6
3. Cloves 4
4. Cinnamon stick(1″) 1
5. Cardamoms 2
6. Big Cardamom 2
7. Cumin seeds 1/2 Teaspoon
8. Fennel seeds 1/2 Teaspoon
9. Cashew nuts A handful
10. Kishmish A handful
11. Almonds A few
12. Green peas 1/2 cup
13. Onions chopped 2
14. Carrots diced 1/4 cup
15. Pure ghee 2 Table spoons
(Except Tej patha powder all the other above 7 items raw)
Ingredients of Seasoning & Green Peas
Diced Carrots & Chopped Onions
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash and drain the rice and dry it on a pice of cloth and is as shown in the image 1.
2. Place a cooker on the medium flame with 2 table spoons of pure ghee in it. On heating add Tej patha and just stir . Then add the chopped onions and fry it till light brown.
3. Add Cashews, Kishmish, Almonds, ground Masala powder and fry for a minute. Later add diced carrots , green peas as well and just stir for a while.
4. Add rice from step 1 and stir well adding sufficient quantity of salt, water and cook in the cooker as usual for about 15-20 minutes so that rice corns are just cooked right.
5. Serve hot with Vegetable kurma as shown in the image below.
Ready to serve Ghee Rice with Veg-Kurma
How long it takes: 45 minutes
Number of servings: 4-5 people
Good to know:
1. One can even cook rice seperately and finally mix it to the seasoning.
2. We can even half-boil the rice and then drain it and then add it to the seasoning and get it finally cooked. But by experience I feel that the above recipe would be very ideal since the dish would turn out much tastier than the other versons with great aroma and flavour. By this method the oil content also remains intact.