Raw Banans are very good from the health point of view. Although one is familiar with the curry, gravy or banana-fry that are made from raw bananas, to most of you a banana wet chutney must come as a surprise. But I assure you that it shall be a pleasant one – its simple to prepare and goes well with Rice and Dal or Chapatis. In fact the pictures below are from today’s preparation which was with bananas from my own garden.
What you need to have:
1. Raw Banans (Medium) 3
2. Grated coconut 1/2 cup
3. Green chillies 2-3
4. Asafoetida(soft) Size of a peanut
5. Tamarind pulp 1/2 Teaspoon
6. Salt To taste
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash and cut bananas into halves and cook it in the pressure cooker with skin as usual for about 15 minutes till done without adding water to the vegetable..
2. Place a spatula with 2 teaspoon cooking oil in it on the flame. On heating add asafoetida to it and fry it till it turns brown. Keep it aside and fry green chillies in the same oil.
3. On cooling peal the cooked bananas and set it aside.
Ingredients of Raw Banana chutney
4. Grate coconut and keep it aside. Mix fried asafoetida, green chillies from step 2 to it. Also add tamarind and required quantity of salt and grind it in the mixer to a medium smooth consistency. Add pealed, cut bananas from step 3 to it and just whip it for a few seconds and the chutney is ready and is as shown in the image below.
Ready to serve Raw Banana chutney
Serve it with rice and Dal.
How long it takes: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 3-4