Salads are a part of the lunch/Dinner in the modern days. I always prepare either veg salad or the sprouted gram salad or the mixed veg salad for lunch in the noon. What I am putting up here is a different kind of salad – not what you use in Palau or biryani. This has a combination of pulses, fruits and dry fruits.
Hope you like it !
What you need to have:
1. Sprouted Greengram 1 cup
2. Chopped cucumber 1/4 cup
3. Baby corn 1-2
4. Pomegranate seeds 1/2 cup
5. Cashews a few
6. Kishmish a few
7. Grated coconut 1 Tablespoon
8. Coriander leaves 1 Teaspoon
9. Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
10. Green chilli 1
Ingredients of Sprouted Green gram salad
1. Mustard seeds – 1 Teaspoon
2. Asafoetida powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
3. Red chilli – 1
4. Curry leaf strings – 2
Ingredients of Seasoning
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash and drain sprouted grrengram and keep aside.
2. Cut green chilly, grate coconut, chop coriander leaves fine. Also wash and slice cucumber and keep them all aside separately in a plate. Mix chopped green chilly and salt together and keep aside.
3. Peal babycorn and chop it fine. Peal pomegranate, cut cashews into fine to match the other ingredients.
4. Mix what you have from Step 1 to Step 3 in a bowl and squeeze 1 tea spoon lemon juice to it .
5. Place a spatula with 2 teaspoon cooking oil in it. On heating add mustard seeds to it. On sputtering add Asafoetida powder, red chili and curry leaves.
Add to the salad from Step 4 and you are ready to serve.
Ready to serve sprouted Green gram salad
How long it takes: 30 minutes
What to remember:
1. One can even use pealed green gram if one may so prefer. I have used skinned since it is good from health point of view.
2. Always mix cucumber, salt and green chilly at the end just before it is seasoned and served. The reason being that it releases a lot of water and makes the salad soggy and tasteless.
3. The quantity of cashews, pomegranate, kishmish depends upon personal preferences.