About Tendle thalasani
There are so many curries prepared by us in our daily life but we all have our favorites. In my young days I was in Bangalore and had hardly seen Tendle at all. But ever since coming to Manipal, it is available in plenty here, with good variety as well. Even though its available in Bangalore now, there is no variety. That is why I normally give it to my sister who lives in Bangalore whenever she visits me during the season.
Now let me put up the recipe here. It can be prepared with and without garlic as per one’s likings.
What you need to have :
Fresh Tendle (Tindura)
Tendle – About 40 of them
Chili powder – 2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
Asafoetida powder 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash and crush Tendle as shown in the image.
2. To the crushed Tendle, add chili powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt to it and leave it aside for about 10 minutes.
3. In a wide pan add cooking oil and on heating, add mustard seeds. When it splitters add the crushed thendle and cumin seeds to it. (If you are adding garlic, you may crush it and add at this point.)
4. Close the lid and leave it on medium flame for about 5-8 minutes.
5. Now lower the flame and close the lid again. If necessary, sprinkle little water so that the dish does not get burnt.
6. Open lid and leave it for around 5 minutes on the low flame so that if any water it evaporates and the dish is ready.
7. Serve it with Dal and Rice.
Ready to serve thendle thalasani
How long it takes : 30 minutes
Number of servings: 4