Yes ! You read that right. During the summers we prepare a variety of healthy home made juice rather than buy soda outside. It is not only natural but also harmless since we use no preservatives and instead refrigerate for a day or two at the most and finish it off ! This juice is in this category – tasting is believing.
What you need to have:
1. Green gram – 1 cup
2. Chopped jaggery – 1 cup ( approx )
3. Cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
4. White pepper powder – A little
Ingredients of Green gram juice
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash green gram and drain water completely. Place a skillet on low flame and dry roast green gram in it for about 15 minutes till you get a pleasant aroma and never get burnt.
2. Peal cardamom and add it to the roasted gram. Chop jaggery as well and keep it aside.
Dry roasted Green gram
3. Grind roasted green gram from step 1 in the mixer adding water in steps to a fine consistency.
Roasted Green gram ground very fine
4. Add required quantity of water to bring it to the required consistency and add chopped jaggery from step 1 to it and stir well. Also add a pinch of pepper powder to it. Chill it and serve. Remaining juice can be preserved in the refregerator and can be consumed the next day as well.
Ready to serve Green gram juice
How long it takes: 25 minutes (Including roasting of the gram)
Number of servings: 3-4 people