Almost anybody out there is familiar with this dish – so this recipe is strictly for beginners !
Salads play a vital role for lunch/dinner among the side dishes. We prepare salads of many raw vegetables like the carrots, beetroot, cucumber , onion spring onion, cabbage , tomatoes etc. Today I would like to put up the most popular of salads – Tomato-Onion salad. This salad could be a side dish for Jeera rice, vegetable Biryani, Mint Rice or any of those one pot meals.
What you need to have:
1. Tomatoes chopped – 3 cups
2. Onions chopped – 1 cup
3. Coriander leaves chopped – 2-3 Tablespoons
4. Thick Curds(sweet) – 2-3 Cups
5. Salt – To taste
Ingredients of Tomato-Onion Salad
What you do with what you have:
1. Wash and chop Tomatoes to required shape. Wash, peal and chop onions to match chopped tomatoes in size.
2. Transfer chopped tomatoes, onions in a wide bowl, and add finely chopped coriander leaves to it.
3. When ready to serve add thick sweet curds, required quantity of salt to it and stir well. You may also add chaat masala for some flavor.
Ready to serve salad is as shown in the image below. Enjoy it with any dish of your choice.
Ready to serve Tomato-Onion Salad
How long it takes: 20 Minutes
Number of servings : 3-4